Hello, again. I know it’s been a long time between posts, and I have finally been motivated to write again because, of course, I could use a little help.
Everything is going well, by the way. The girls are doing their thing (Samantha has decided to start her terrible twos a few weeks early) and Craig is busy raising ruckus at Shaw, as usual. All signs indicate that baby Oscar is doing just fine. He is quite wiggly quite often.
But I’d like a few prayers about our birth. I met a midwife on Thursday night who is willing to take me as a home birth patient if her back-up doctor is willing to sign me off as “low risk”. Usually all VBACs are automatically “high risk” because of the 1% chance that the uterus could rupture along the C-section scar, but my scar has already held up once. No one has asked (to the midwife’s knowledge, at least) to do a 2nd VBAC at home…so there is a glimmer of hope that I will be able to escape the hospital yet.
Plus, this would mean not having to drag me to Baton Rouge in labor, or the baby home from Baton Rouge afterward. The back-up hospital would be Uptown, about 20 minutes away. (And if it were really an emergency, there is another hospital about 5 minutes away.) And I get one midwife to work with, rather than the carousel of six that are at the place I’m going in Baton Rouge right now.
So I’m excited and nervous waiting for this phone call. Which may come to nothing, and even if it works out is going to be a bit of a struggle to pay for (with the insurance being very unhelpful, as usual), but would be very good for my blood pressure. : )
So, I’ve started a novena to St. Rita, because that was the one that looked good in the prayer book I had at hand, and if you’d care to join me in that or some other way, I’d really appreciate it.
And I’ll let you know as soon as I find out anything. And put up a decent update, which I know has been sorely lacking.